Issue No. 135
- 1) Winstar Smart Display Can Series Introduction
- 2) Why Choose CAN Bus Interface
- 3) 2.42" WEO012864J with Capacitive Touch Panel
Winstar released an innovational new product "Winstar Smart Display Can Series". It offers an out-of-the-box CanOpen development experience that will lower your development costs and speed your time-to-market expectations.
The CanTFT comes with standard UI objects to get customers project off the ground quickly. If customers need custom UI objects support, our engineers are here to help. Send over your contents in PNG/JPG format, we will send over a new set of UI objects within 3~5 working days.
We can provide LCD/TFT to communicate reliably in a hundred feet rather inches and come with daisy chain topology capabilities. Winstar CanTFT offers IPS TFT display with wider viewing angle for option as well.
Winstar can offer almost unlimited combinations to support your user experience requirements. Being a display manufacturer, our abilities to mix-and-match different 8 ~ 12 LCDs with our CanTFT platform are limitless. The wide-temperature are designed to support control applications in harsh operating conditions such as automotive, marine, power generation and oil-and-gas.
Smart Display CanTFT Series Basic Function:
- DC 5V working voltage, low power consumption for USB to drive.
- Power-On Self-Test & Splash screen.
- CAN bus Interface.
- Supports CANopen protocol, default baud rate at 250KB.
- Built in flash memory, store the font and Object Dictionary Data.
- Supports PCAP touch screen.
- CanTFT Smart Display is defined as a slave device, which is controlled by master device via CAN bus command to render display content on the display screen and return touch event data with protocol objects.
- Demo set HOST can be used on multiple platforms, such as Computer, MCU, or Raspberry Pi (with PiCAN2).
- Built-in Buzzer is controlled from master device.
The CAN (Controller Area Network) communication interface was first developed by Bosch in the 1980s in order to respond to the increasing number of electronic devices used in new cars. The CAN bus can connect and control the entire control system through the simple serial interface.
CANopen is a communication protocol and device profile specification for embedded systems which is common used in passenger vehicles, industrial automation, mechanical control, elevator, escalator, electronic equipment for aviation and navigation, etc. Winstar Smart Display CanTFT series already built in object dictionary on module.
Speed time-to-market by using Smart Display CanTFT Series :
Customers can take the advantage of using Winstar Smart Display CanTFT Series products. Below is the comparison of adopting our Smart Display CanTFT series.
|W/O Using Smart Display CanTFT:
||Using Smart Display CanTFT :
We will officially released 5" Smart Display CanTFT in June. More details will be introduced in next issue Winstar News. Stay tuned.
WEO012864J-CTP is a popular size 2.42 inch Graphic OLED display with Capacitive Touch Screen on module; which is made of resolution 128x64 dots. This module is built in with SSD1309 IC, it supports 6800 8-bit parallel interface, optional 8080 parallel, 4-wire SPI and I2C interface, supply voltage for Logic 3V, 1/64 driving duty. This WEO012864J-CTP model is built in with GT911 touch panel IC on module, which supports I2C interface, one Detect Point for Capacitive Touch Screen.
This 2.42" WEO012864J with CTP model is ideal for smart home applications, intelligent technology devices, energy systems, meter devices, communication systems, medical instrument, etc. This module can be operating at temperatures from -20℃ to +70℃; its storage temperatures range from -30℃ to +80℃.